11/2/08

Gettin' old...


Today is my 34th birthday, and I swear when I woke up this morning and looked in the bathroom mirror that the white streaks in my beard were bigger and brighter than they were when I went to bed. I guess that's just a trick of the mind, but it was an odd sensation. 

Maybe the psychological filter of feeling younger than I truly am is dissolving as I mark these milestones in my life. Maybe it's that I'm going to be a father in a few months. Maybe it's that I have matured.  At any rate, it may sound like I'm complaining, but I'm truly not. I love that I'm going to be a father. I love that my beautiful wife (6 years younger than I) keeps me feeling young. I love being where I'm at in my life right now. 

So the bottom line is that I'm thankful for another year on this earth, and I look forward to growing grey(er) with my growing family. 

This picture above was just for fun, as well as a good exercise in aging people. I am thinking of posting a tutorial on it this week. Let me know if you'd like to see a tut. 

No comments: